Show us a scene from your current project. It can be creepy, adventurous, romantic, etc. Just a snippet to let readers see what they're in for!
* Must be from a current work-in-progress (WIP). Nothing already published.
* You may choose from any section of the manuscript, but be mindful not to include spoilers.
* Keep it clean and YA audience friendly, please. No erotica.
* Stay under 300 words or about one page. It can be as little as a few lines if you prefer. We just want to give readers a chance to see everyone's selection.
* Link back to Chirenjenzie to enjoy others' work as well!
Another clip from The Willows: Thorn, book two in The Willows series! In this scene, Ashton is meeting a new character ... and one who really doesn't care for Ash's presence. I hope you enjoy this brief intro :)
A wave of mint smacked me in the face. At the same time, a curvy figure clad in white form-fitting satin slinked into view. Silky blonde hair cascaded around her shoulders, framing her oval face and high cheekbones. Icy blue pierced through me, raising goose bumps on my skin. Gabe shifted ever so slightly closer to me, his focus on the angel now standing an arm's length away. The woman’s pouty mouth turned up in a seductive smile as she drank him in. I had no idea if it was friendly or predatory, but possessiveness rolled off me in waves.
“Ruarc,” she drawled, using Gabe's birth name. “It's wonderful to see you again.”
He drew a tense breath. "Good evening, Linley."
"Lucan always believed you would return though I didn’t agree." She leaned forward and dropped a kiss on either side of Gabe's cheek, her hand lingering a little too long on his chest. "I’m happy to see for once I was mistaken." She peered up at him through long fluttering lashes.
I felt Gabe's posture stiffen at the same time as mine, and his hand wrapped around my wrist. I wanted to believe it was meant to be reassuring rather than what it actually was … him holding me back.