Thursday, September 5, 2013

Be a Freaking Unicorn!

I'm sure you all have noticed that when you're focused on something for a prolonged period of time, it becomes a mindset. When I've spent several days in a row editing, I can spot a grammar error a mile away. If I've been writing, my imagination goes into overdrive, picturing the most fantastic things in ordinary objects.

I find this is also true with attitudes. When all you hear is complaining and all you see is depressing, you're going to begin spouting the same garbage. Likewise, as irritating as it is at first, that Pollyanna mentality eventually rubs off on you. Suddenly, you're a euphorically happy unicorn who's prancing on a rainbow and laughing at the fools on the ground below.

The moral of the story? Life is too short to complain. Be a freaking unicorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment