Thursday, January 2, 2014

Review: AVOW by Chelsea Fine.


Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
Scarlet remembers. Everything. Her past lives, Tristan, Gabriel, Nate: she remembers it all--including how to get to the Fountain of Youth. But time is running out.

Heather and Gabriel have been kidnapped by Raven, while the curse that has plagued Scarlet and Tristan for centuries has shifted, putting the star-crossed lovers in more danger than ever before. Water from the Fountain of Youth is the only thing that can save Scarlet and her loved ones. But the water comes at a price.

With lives--and hearts--at stake, Scarlet leads her friends on a dangerous journey to the Fountain of Youth. Where eternal life is possible, but death is certain.
Oh, man. The third and final book in the Archers of Avalon series. I don't even know where to begin. This series was such a roller coaster of emotions, at times I had to just lay it down and walk away for a minute. Trust me when I say that's a *good* thing! Chelsea is just an amazing author with a true sense of her characters. They're each so distinct and unique. She really is one of the best character writers I've read. I can't even begin to express my bumminess at this series being over. Sigh.

Onward, I suppose.

So, AVOW. Yeah, it was pretty much in every way epic. Scarlet and Tristan are as amazing as ever. You absolutely can't help but cheer for them! With the characters finally knowing what's up and fully understanding the curse and what it entails, they all take on such a stronger role. It's seriously impressive! Early on, I wondered how Chelsea would tie everything up and leave the reader satisfied with the character's fates. Worry not, my dears. While there are moments of joy and heartache, of loss and triumph, you'll be happy with everyone's futures ;)

AVOW was definitely my favorite of the series, and I thought after the first two, they couldn't be topped. Happily wrong! The banter and inner monologue between the characters is flawless and hilarious. Chelsea has a beautiful way of taking the edge of an otherwise serious situation. BUT this doesn't take away from the seriousness. It's like some kind witchery. I don't even know how she does it, but she does it exceedingly well! Gabriel and Heather really excel in this story with their antagonism and sarcastic ways. Oh! And we finally get the whole back story of the characters by getting to experience it. I'd generally say I'm not a fan of the timeline back and forth method, but again, Chelsea owns it!

Easily one of my all-time favorite series, I can't recommend AVOW highly enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment